Click To Call : Free Consultations

Former Prosecutor | Former Insurance Defense Attorney

Click To Call : Free Consultations

Experienced Support After A Birth Injury

Did your child suffer injuries during the labor or delivery process? If these injuries occurred as a result of doctor, nurse or hospital error negligence, you may be able to file a claim to receive compensation for these injuries and to hold the hospital or doctor responsible for their actions.

I am personal injury attorney Justin Caldarone of The Caldarone Law Group, P.A., and I am an experienced trial lawyer who understands Florida’s complex laws regarding birth injuries and other medical malpractice claims. By offering you a free case evaluation, I give you the opportunity to understand whether you can file a claim, the potential value of the claim and what can be done at this point. I represent clients throughout the Naples and Fort Myers region.

Birth Injuries And Medical Malpractice Claims In Florida

Every doctor, nurse or other medical practitioner is obligated to his or her patients to provide proper care even in the face of complications or emergencies. When a medical provider makes an error or is negligent or careless in his or her care, this usually qualifies as medical malpractice. Action may be taken to compensate for losses suffered as a result.

Injuries suffered during delivery and childbirth can have serious, long-term effects upon a child, including fractures, bruising and partial paralysis. Cerebral palsy has also been reported to be related to certain birth injuries. These injuries may occur due to one or more of the following factors:

  • Complications during pregnancy
  • Complications during childbirth
  • A large infant
  • An instrumental delivery (with forceps or a vacuum)

A claimant has a maximum of two years in Florida in which to bring a medical malpractice claim or the claim is forever barred. By consulting with me, I can inform you whether you are still eligible to file a claim and assess the value of your claim. It is possible that you may have a claim even if more than two years has elapsed.

Ready To Take Your Case To Trial, If Needed

While I seek a fair settlement for my clients in every case I handle, I build each case with the understanding that it may go to trial. Count on me to do everything I can to get you and your child the full compensation you deserve. Call 239-244-3242 or contact my Naples office online to set up a free consultation.